Ciprofloxacin belongs to a class of antibiotics known as quinolones. It kills bacteria by stopping a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase from working. This enzyme is involved in replicating and repairing the genetic material (DNA) of the bacteria. If it doesn't work, the bacteria can't repair themselves or reproduce. This kills the bacteria and clears up the infection. Ciprofloxacin is effective against a large number of bacteria, some of which tend to be resistant to other commonly used antibiotics. It's particularly useful against a sub-group of bacteria called Gram-negative bacteria, including salmonella, shigella, campylobacter, neisseria, and pseudomonas. cipro bladder In up to 90% of cases, sore throat is caused by viruses linked to the common cold or flu. The other 10% of cases result from bacterial infections or some other medical condition. The bacteria that most commonly cause sore throat are streptococci. Infection with streptococcal bacteria is commonly called Sore throat can also be caused by irritants such as air that is low in humidity, smoking, air pollution, excessive yelling, postnasal drip caused by allergies, and breathing through the mouth. Injury to the back of the throat and stomach acid backing up into the throat and mouth are other causes of sore throat. Sore Throat Symptoms Sore throat symptoms are easily recognized. Other symptoms that are commonly associated with sore throat are listed in Table 1. Your throat hurts and is irritated, swollen, or scratchy. If your sore throat is due to a virus, it should go away within 7 to 10 days. Symptoms worsen at night.3,4,6 Strep bacteria can lead to other conditions such as infection of the tonsils, sinuses, skin, blood, or middle ear, as well as various inflammatory illnesses. Metformin without diabetes Viagra like foods The bacteria that most commonly cause sore throat are streptococci. Infection with streptococcal bacteria is commonly called strep throat. viagra for purchase In adults, ciprofloxacin is used to treat a wide range of bacterial. Ear, nose and throat infections such as sinusitis, otitis media and otitis. Strep throat also known as pharyngitis or streptococcal pharyngitis is an infection caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, or Group A. Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is a brand-name prescription antibiotic medication. Cipro belongs to a class of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. Cipro is effective for treating infections caused by many different types of bacteria. These include bacteria that cause infections in the urinary tract, abdomen, skin, prostate, and bone, as well as other types of infections. Cipro comes in several forms: Cipro can cause mild or serious side effects. The following list contains some of the key side effects that may occur while taking Cipro. This list does not include all possible side effects. For more information on the possible side effects of Cipro, or tips on how to deal with a troubling side effect, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. .pass_color_to_child_links a.u-margin-left--xs.u-margin-right--sm.u-padding-left--xs.u-padding-right--xs.u-relative.u-absolute.u-absolute--center.u-width--100.u-flex-inline.u-flex-align-self--center.u-flex-justify--between.u-serif-font-main--regular.js-wf-loaded .u-serif-font-main--regular.amp-page .u-serif-font-main--regular.u-border-radius--ellipse.u-hover-bg--black-transparent.u-hover-bg--black-transparent:hover. Content Header .feed_item_answer_user.js-wf-loaded . Cipro to treat strep throat Strep Throat Treatment Antibiotics, Contagious Period, Recovery, Ciprofloxacin patient information uses, dosage, warnings, side effects Prednisolone ophthalmic suspension The chemical action of ciprofloxacin, which is. Will Cipro Treat Strep Throat - Doctor insights on HealthTap Doctors give unbiased, trusted information on the. Ciprofloxacin Strep Throat Treatment - Park Tavern Strep Throat Symptoms and Treatment - Live Science Cipro ciprofloxacin Antibiotic Side Effects, Dosage, Uses Sinus. Apr 12, 2014. A bacterial infection of the throat and tonsils caused by streptococcal or the strep bacteria is commonly known as strep throat. Symptoms of the. cipro wikipedia Doctors give trusted answers on uses, effects, side-effects, and cautions Dr. Ghaffar on can cipro treat strep throat It'll likely take care of the infection but it's not recommended as first or even second line use. There are reports of increasing resistance of group a strep to fluoroquinolones cipro. Strep throat is uncomfortable and highly contagious, but you may not need an antibiotic to treat the bacterial infection. Learn when it's the right.